First Call Resources & the COVID-19 Crisis.
Please know these resources can change quickly, please call any organizations before seeking assistance.
- Behavioral Mental Health Fisher-Titus: Psychiatry/Therapy: 419.668.0311 Taking New Clients Telehealth & Phone
- Family Life Counseling & Psychiatric Services: 567.560.3584 Taking New Clients Telehealth
- Clear Minds Counseling: 567.424.6003 Call for details
- Firelands Counseling & Addiction Services: 419.663.3737 By Phone
- Rigel Recovery Services: 567.280.4023 Telehealth
- Cornerstone Counseling: 419.483.9411 Telehealth
- Crossroads Volunteers of America: 843 Superior Street, Sandusky, Erie County, 419.626.6505
- Harmony House: 124 West Third Street, Mansfield, Richland County, 419.522.2283
- Liberty Shelter: 1421 E.State Street, Fremont, Sandusky County, 419.332.8777
- First Step Healthy Family: Fostoria, Seneca County, 419.435.7300
- Cherry Street Mission: 105 17th Street, Toledo, Lucas County, 419.242.5141
- The City Mission of Findley: 510 West Main Steet, Findley, Hancock County, 419.423.9151
- Marion Homeless Shelter for Men: 365. E. Fairground Street, Marion, 740.382.9600
- Heart of Ohio Shelter for Women: 326 W. Fairground Street, Marion, 740.387.4550
- Transitional Housing, Huron County, Catholic Charities-Miriam House: 419.668.3073
- Emergency Family Shelter, Huron County, CAC: 419.668.9823
Area Domestic Violence Shelters:
- Safe Haven: Office 419.282.6097 Hotline 419.289.8085 www.safehavenofashland.org
- The Domestic Violence Shelter: 1.800.931.7233 www.thedvshelter.com
- Safe Harbour: 419.626.2200 www.safeharbourshelter.org
Child Care Resources:
- Child Care Resource Center: One University Drive, Huron, 440.242.0413 www.ccrcinc.com Free services for child care resources and providers.
- Job and Family Services: 185 Shady Lane, Norwalk, 419.668.8126 www.huroncountydjfs.com. Child care assistance or wanting to provide assistance.
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services: Columbus Help Desk 1.877.302.2347 Option 4
- Resource Guide: https://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/docs/ChildCareinOhioResourceGuide.org
- Ohio Child Care Providers Page: https://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/providers.stm
COVID-19 Funeral & Grief Expenses:
- Expenses Support, Huron County Job & Family Services, 419.668.8126 www.huroncountydjfs.com
- Grief Support, Huron County Board of Mental Health and Addiction, 419.681.6268 www.huroncountymhas.org
COVID-19 Huron County Business Website:
www.huroncountycovid.com Huron County Chamber of Commerce, listing of county information.
COVID-19 Huron County: (MHAS)
Family Support Program
The mission of the Family Support Program (FSP) team is to help people who have a loved one who has been diagnosed with, or passed away from, COVID-19 by providing support, increasing awareness of community resources and making referrals, as needed, to address identified needs. This targeted outreach and support ultimately reduces the incidence of future mental health and/or substance use/abuse within our community.
To make a referral, contact Kristen Cardone, Executive Director of the Huron County MHAS Board Office at: 419-681-6268 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Darrell Shumpert, FSP Team Leader at: 440-396-7280 or by email at: email@example.com.
Huron County Mental Health & Addiction Services, 419.681.6268
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ASSISTANCE:
Huron County Support Line: To discuss problems, fears, and anxiety related to COVID-19 & ask questions about recovery & coping with mental health concerns. 567.743.7155 7 days a week from 8am-10pm
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis call 800.826.1306
Mental Health Help Lines:
- Ohio Crisis Text Line: Text keyword “4HOPE” to 741 741
- OhioMHAS Help Line: 1-877-275-6364
- Disaster Distress Help Line: 1-800-985-5990 or Text “TalkWithUs” to 66746 (Spanish-speakers: Text “Hablanos” to 66746)
- Find mental health treatment or addiction services: https://findtreatment.gov
- Salvation Army: 55 Whittlesey Ave, drive-thru lunch and food pantry. Dial 419.668.4090 Leave a message for an appointment! Staff is limited. Summer Lunch Program for Children Starts June 8th Call The Salvation Army for delivery sites.
- Norwalk Alliance Food Bank: 2755 US 250S, 419.668.9208, last Friday (4-5:30pm) & Saturday (9-10am) of the month
- Norwalk Area Food Bank: 99 Whittlesey Ave, 419.660.1144, Open: 10-12 and 1-3 on Tuesdays & Thursday Norwalk/Monroeville
- Norwalk Baptist Church: 2084 US 20, 419.668.4629, Drive-Thru Saturday 10-12, bring utility bill/photo ID
- Blessing Boxes:
- St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran: 243 Benedict Ave, use Executive Drive entrance.
- Gaymont Nursing Home: 66 Norwood Ave, Norwalk
- St. Mary's by the rectory off Baker Street, Norwalk
- Willard Area Food Bank: 8 South Myrtle Ave, 419.933.4146 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 1pm-4pm WILLARD ONLY
- Plymouth-Shiloh Food Pantry: 26 Menchanic Street, 419.933.2568
- Salvation Army: 48 West Broadway, 567.224.1523
- WILLARD Second Harvest & JFS-TBD
- Wakeman Caring Community: 46 Main St. 440.839.2023, 4th Tuesday of the month is the food bank. Call for appointment for other assistance.
- Blessing Box: Collins United Methodist Church: 4290 Hartland Center Road
- God's Caring Heart: 208 West Main Street, 419.603.2740
- Fish & Loaves: 203 Maple Street, Wednesday 9-5, 419.484.2814
- Our Lady of Lourdes Church: 18 Park Ave, 419.929.4401
- Salvation Army: 12 Akron Street, 419.929.3320
- New London Alliance: 4625 State Route 162, 419.929.8133
- Salvation Army: 4130 Edwards Road, 419.752.2769
- Neighbor to Neighbor Community Food Pantry: 11 West Ashtabula Street, 419.744.2400
- United Methodist Church: 105 West Main Street, 419.744.2359
Meals on Wheels (Norwalk) & Home Delivered meals is operational.
Norwalk 419.668.6245 Willard 419.933.4701 www.sfaconnection.org
Huron County Department of Jobs & Family Services: 185 Shady Lane, 419.668.8126 www.huroncountydjfs.com
The Love Bus: Mobile 443.223.7190 www.thelovebusfoundation.org See The Love Bus on Facebook for their mobile park times and locations.
- Great Lakes Community Action Partnership: 127 South Front Street, Freemont, 419.333.4006 or 800.775.9767 for housing appointment. Family Advocate 48 Executive Drive, Norwalk, 419.668.3073 ext 8215. Weatherization, Electric, Home Repairs, Homeless Veterans Reintergration Program & Ohio Fair Housing www.glcap.org
- Huron County Metropolitan Housing Authority: 17 Mill Street, Norwalk 419.668.3956 Section 8, Rental Assistance, Choice Voucher
- Ground Level Solutions: 5012 US RT 250 N 419.660.9413 Weatherization, furnace check/replacement for Columbia Gas customers home owner/landlord
RENT & UTILITIES ASSISTANCE:
- Huron County Job & Family Services: 185 Shady Lane, Norwalk, 419.668.8126
- Huron County Metropolitan Housing Authority: 17 Mill Street, Norwalk 419.668.3956 Rent assistance program. Applications on the FIRST Tuesday of the month.
- Great Lakes Community Action Partnership: 127 S. Front St., Freemont 419.333.6101 Emergency Housing Rent/Mortgage Assistance. 1st come 1st served. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419.668.8126 Niki Holland Lead Intake Specialist.
- Community Action Commission CAC: 92 North Prospect, Norwalk 419.668.9823 Willard 1530 South Conwell 419.935.1010
- Catholic Charities: 48 Executive Drive, Norwalk 419.668.3073
- St. Vincent dePaul: 91 East Main Street, Norwalk 419.668.6044
- First United Methodist Church: 60 West Main Street, Norwalk 419.668.1938
- St. Vincent dePaul of St. Mary: 38 West League Street, Norwalk 419.668.2005
- The Starting Point Outreach Center: 117 South Myrtle Ave, Willard 419.933.4100 www.startingpointoc.org
- Norwalk Salvation Army: 55 Whittlesey Ave, 419.668.4090
- Plymouth Salvation Army: 48 West Broadway, 567.224.1523
- Willard Salvation Army: 440.935.9967
- New London Salvation Army: 12 Akron Street, 419.929.3320
- Greenwich/North Fairfield Salvation Army: 4130 Edwards Road, 419.752.2769
- Bellevue/Monroeville Salvation Army: 901 Northwest Street, 419.484.2769
CAC of Erie, Huron & Richland County
Ohioans who are enrolling in the Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP) for the first time, applying for Home Energy Assistance Winter Crisis Program, or have limited income, are no longer required to visit a local Energy Assistance Provider in order to complete an application. CACEHR Appointments may be completed over the phone during the scheduled appointment time rather than face-to-face.
Ohioans can visit www.energyhelp.ohio.gov to start their application and upload the required documents prior to their appointment. If you do not have access to the internet and/or cannot upload your documentation, the local Energy Assistance Provider can complete your application over the phone. For a list of required documentation or to schedule an appointment call, (419)901-9539.
Contact New Direction Design & Marketing, LLC to order!
Non Business/volunteer: Sewing Plus More, 567.805.4191 www.sewingplusmore.net
All ages and sizes of masks.
Online unemployment.ohio.gov or call 877.644.6562
We will update this site regularly, please check back soon.